What is the OCCA?
The Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics (OCCA) is an autonomous study centre based in Oxford, England. Established in 2005, OCCA offers a range of programmes.
The OCCA is a part of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries. The primary mission of Ravi Zacharias International Ministries is to reach and challenge those who shape the ideas of a culture with the credibility of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Distinctive in its strong evangelistic and apologetic foundation, the ministry of RZIM is intended to touch both the heart and the intellect of the thinkers and influencers of society through the support of the visionary leadership of Ravi Zacharias.
By coming to study at the OCCA you will:
- Receive solid biblical grounding based upon evangelical conviction
- Be taught how to face today's challenges to Christian thought with philosophically astute academic excellence
- Apply your learning in practical evangelistic settings
- Have the opportunity to question and respond to material you encounter
- Be encouraged to take research initiative, helping to sharpen your mind
- Receive training that will shape a lifetime
- Be taught and discipled by leading theologians, apologists and scholars including Alister McGrath, John Lennox, Os Guinness, Amy Orr-Ewing and Michael Ramsden
- Be equipped to be able to speak for Christ in the public sphere
It was a world class education paired with character training and always a focus on mission. I'm very grateful for all I learned and the relationships that were formed. It was an absolute privilege to learn more about God and the big questions in life at the Oxford Centre for Christian Apologetics. One of the best years of my life, really!
Judy Hughes, 2014